The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is the apex regulatory and
promotional maritime agency.
The Agency was established primarily for the administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers
Standards and Security, Maritime Labor, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping
activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment. The Agency also implements
domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labor Organization (ILO) conventions.
- of 3% Freight Charges
- is in foreign denominated Currency
- is done for wet and dry cargo.
- is done nationwide subject to NIMASA’s approval
- Prompt and convenient service.
- Easy access due to robust branch network